We are engaged in offering high quality and pure Coriander Seeds to our honored clients. The Coriander Seeds that we offer are known to have anti-oxidant, disease preventing, and health promoting properties. We provide Coriander Seeds that are extensively used in various dishes to add aroma, flavor and taste in different establishments.
Benefits of Coriander Seeds
- The characteristic aromatic flavor of Coriander Seeds comes from the many fatty acids and essential volatile oils. Some important fatty acids in the dried seeds include petroselinic acid, linoleic acid (omega-6), oleic acid, and palmitic acid. In addition, the seeds contain essential oils such as linalool (68%), a-pinene (10%), geraniol, camphene, terpine etc. Together, these active principles are responsible for digestive, carminative, and anti-flatulent properties of the seeds.
- As in other spices, Coriander Seeds is also rich in of dietary fiber. 100 g seeds provide 41.9 g of fiber. Much of this fiber is metabolically inert insoluble fiber, which helps increase bulk of the food by absorbing water throughout the digestive system and help easing constipation condition.
- In addition, dietary fibers bind to bile salts (produced from cholesterol) and decrease their re-absorption in colon, thus help lower serum LDL cholesterol levels. Together with flavonoid anti-oxidants, fiber composition of Coriander Seeds helps protect the colon mucus membrane from cancers.
- Coriander Seeds are excellent source of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zincand magnesium. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. Iron is essential for cell metabolism and red blood cell formation. Zinc is a co-factor in many enzymes that regulate growth and development, sperm generation, digestion and nucleic acid synthesis. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the powerful anti-oxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase.
- Unlike other dry spice seeds that are lack in vitamin C, Coriander Seeds contain ample amount of this anti-oxidant vitamin. 100 g of dry seeds provide 21 mg or 35% of RDI of this vitamin.
- Furthermore, Coriander Seeds are a storehouse of many vital B-complex vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin.